Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Afternoon In Brooklyn

Great shopping at Bird in Williamsburg!
On a recent trip back from visiting friends in New Jersey, my husband and I made a long desired pit stop in two of my favorite neighborhoods to shop and eat in Brooklyn- Williamsburg and Carroll Gardens.  My first stop in Williamsburg was in the Brook Farm General Store, where I scored the perfect ravioli cutter! It's a little bit off the beaten path, but worth the jaunt! Some of my other favorite shops for clothing and accessories were Bird , Joinery, and if you have your fella with you, be sure to stop in Hickoree's Hard Goods, where you'll meet Emil, the owner and designer of the Hillside Tie.

Next stop was Carroll Gardens, and to visit one of my favorites boutiques, Lucia. A couple other great shops were Neda and Flirt, for some great vintage finds.  We ended our adventures with a  delicious dinner at Fragole on Court Street. One of the best pappardelle bolognese I've ever tasted!

Thank you Brooklyn for a wonderful Sunday afternoon...we'll be back soon!

*Interested in a shopping trip to Manhattan or Brooklyn? Contact Chica Guapa to organize your very own day trip with your closest friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment