Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Makeup Makeover!



After recently clearing out some house hold clutter, I was left with a storage bin full of various makeup and skin care products, which was clearly not being utilized appropriately. While my expertise is in wardrobe and style, I had been struggling for some time with my makeup applications, and figuring out which products and colors would create the right look for both my professional consultations and also for the various fashion events I attend. And of course, I can't help to mention the battle with applying makeup over aging skin!  Just as my clients recognize the need for my services, I quickly realized that I was in need of some professional help in the makeup department!


Lucky for me, professional makeup artist and beauty extraordinaire, D.D. Nickel, is only a hop, skip and a jump away from me in New Haven. As soon as you meet D.D. you will immediately feel comfortable with her warm, easy going personality. And upon stepping into her vintage styled studio, located on State Street, and seeing some images of the amazing looks she has created for others, you'll feel relaxed and ready for her to perform her magic on you!  D.D. has created looks for celebrities and TV personalities, and has worked with runway, red carpets, and Broadway.  She offers her own line of makeup and tools, sold exclusively in her shop. Take a peek at her website to view her full Bio. D.D. is also part of the Style Confessions team and just published her first book for new artists, " How To Start a Home-based Makeup Artist Business". Stay tuned for her upcoming seminars as well.


D.D.'s unique consultation is only $150 and includes a review of your current products (yes- the entire arsenal of makeup!), determines your best colors for your skin and your desired looks, and then a makeup lesson so that you know the correct way to apply and achieve your new looks. D.D. will also provide you with an instruction sheet, so you can't forget any of the steps. It is well worth the price ladies! 


And for those interested in hosting a group event, please note that D.D. Nickel and Chica Guapa have partnered together to deliver a Fashion Party like no other for you and your girlfriends! Contact me for more information!


Once again, a special THANK YOU to D.D. for creating the perfect palette for my desired looks and teaching me the tricks of the trade!   For more information on D.D. Nickel or to book an appointment, please contact her at 203-777-4161.






No comments:

Post a Comment