Wednesday, November 16, 2011

From Sweats To Suits

Last month, I had the pleasure of meeting with a fabulous group of ladies from the Quinnipiac University chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma. In a mission to re-establish their unique "brand", they requested my presence at their annual Fall retreat to discuss image and branding.

Let me start by saying how impressed I was that a group of college students wanted to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon discussing the reasons NOT to wear sweatpants around their college campus! These women sure were serious about their commitment to their organization, and for that I give them major props!! The ladies of Phi Sigma Sigma are a united group the really care about their unique brand. Each of these ladies will certainly be going places and I know that they now have the additional confidence and tools to put forth their best image each time they walk out of their dorm!

After leaving campus, I thought back to my days in college and remembered the challenge of knowing what to wear to class and socials, never mind an interview! Oh how I wish the seminars that I now give were available to me then.  I wanted to share a few images of "comfortable" outfits that can replace the  go to pair of sweatpants in any college gal's wardrobe. You can still feel good  during your day of trekking around campus while also ensuring that you look put together and can properly represent your brand!
Love this layered look from Gap! Cozy and comfortable, yet
can easily transition from classroom to a dinner date!

Pair your most comfortable pants with a pretty blouse!

Instead of your fleece, throw on this great cotton
blazer from Lands End and you'll be
out the door in a jiff!




Don't forget to always have your career wardrobe
ready to go!
Contact me for help refining your wardrobe or to discuss image and branding with your own organization or team!

No comments:

Post a Comment